Can chiropractic help with my back and neck pain?
According to the American Chiropractic Association (ACA), “80% of people suffer from back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office.”
At The Joint in Aurora, CO, we believe back and neck pain is very treatable without having to use drugs or surgery through chiropractic care. There are tons of new studies and research that show chiropractic gives wonderful results for back and neck pain.
There are some major cases where surgery is necessary, but for the majority of people, people who’s pain is caused by stress, inactivity, lifting heavy objects, desk jobs, etc, chiropractic is the alternative route to go.
Here are some tips by the ACA on how to prevent back pain:
- Don’t lift by bending over. Instead, bend your hips and knees and then squat to pick up the object. Keep your back straight, and hold the object close to your body.
- Don’t twist your body while lifting.
- Push, rather than pull, when you must move heavy objects.
- If you must sit for long periods, take frequent breaks and stretch.
- Wear flat shoes or shoes with low heels.
- Exercise regularly. An inactive lifestyle contributes to lower-back pain.