Welcome to The Joint – Aurora, Southlands! As your local chiropractor in Aurora, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Aurora chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Before becoming a Chiropractor, Dr. Sarver served in active duty as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. While in the Marines he won awards for achieving first class physical fitness tests. After an honorable discharge Dr. Sarver earned his bachelors of Science degree in Health and Exercise Science at Colorado State University. He worked at the CSU recreational center as a certified personal trainer helping his clients meet their short and long term goals. While obtaining his prerequisites for Chiropractic College Dr. Sarver also worked as a Colorado state licensed certified nurse aide. Dr. Sarver noticed that he was helping people who had already begun to develop the disease process. He then realized that the Chiropractic model is to prevent the disease process from beginning by allowing the body to achieve its maximal potential by being “subluxation” free.
Dr. Sarver graduated from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas in 2008. At Parker he participated in an internship with the Dallas Veterans Affairs Hospital providing Chiropractic care to our armed service’s veterans. While working as a Doctor of Chiropractic in Colorado Dr. Sarver has had the privilege to several informal internships with Denver Pain Management and with Dr. Robert Bess orthopedic surgeon.
Dr. Shane Bartels
Dr. Shane Bartels utilizes a natural, hands on, comprehensive approach to optimize his patients’ health. He uses diversified chiropractic adjustments, therapeutic exercises, specialized muscular modalities, and patient education to treat the whole person in a caring, individualized way. Dr. Bartels believes in identifying and correcting the root cause of your symptoms in order to heal the body instead of simply masking symptoms. He desires to help his patients move away from the current health model of disease care to a health promotion model, preventing pain and disease before they occur. Dr. Bartels believes our bodies were meant to do more than merely survive, but to thrive and reach the health potential it was designed for.
Shane received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon and a BS in Health and Exercise Science from Colorado State University in Fort Collins. His passion for understanding the complex human physiology and providing his patients with the best evidence-based therapies keep Dr. Bartels constantly reading, researching and developing new skills. He and his wife Kelly recently moved back to Colorful Colorado from the great Northwest and are enjoying every sunny moment.
24300 E Smoky Hill Rd, Suite 136
Aurora, CO 80016
The best way to contact us is via phone (see above), then email via email@example.com
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Aurora chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- October 24, 2014Everybody wants to think faster and remember more as the world floods us with information. As we age, this task becomes even more critical. To keep pace and stay alert, pick the right foods that appeal to you, as you make brain food a vital part of your life. Eat salmon, trout, sardines, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, ...
- October 21, 2014This article was inspired by Julia Westbrook’s piece for Rodale News. To read the original, please visit this link. Your normal morning routine probably includes brushing your teeth, eating breakfast, putting on deodorant and…washing your face. But what if that last one could be doing more harm than good? The available research on microbead pollution continues to mount, and ...
- October 14, 2014Unless you’re an anomaly and fit snugly in those airplane seats without any discomfort, you’ll probably benefit greatly from reading this article further. Let’s face it, planes were never really made with the overall comfort of the passenger in mind, unless you’re taking first class into consideration. Packing as many people semi-comfortably on the plane ...
- October 3, 2014Antibiotic resistance is a very frightening concept that even the World Health Organization considers a huge threat to the public’s health. Now, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is begging the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to admit antibiotic-resistant strains of Salmonella are dangerous. There’s something scary to have to consider: the USDA ...
- September 26, 2014Sugars, especially those of the added variety, are pretty bad for your health. That much is common knowledge by now– but just how bad is bad? Well, when it’s consumed as frequently as we consume it, let’s just say it goes from bad to worse. Take an in-depth look at three damaging things sugar does ...
- September 19, 2014Many years ago, heart disease was considered a “man’s disease.” Since then, well-meaninged and largely successful public education campaigns improved cardiac illness awareness among women– as well as its profound effect on their health. Likewise, one of the most frequently-known sleep disorders, called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), isn’t just a “man’s disease” like you’ve always ...
- September 12, 2014Chiropractic care can help relieve a variety of different health problems, culminating in an improved well-being following consistent intervention. That being said, could chiropractic care even extend its relief efforts to young people suffering from scoliosis? A 2008 report of one case describes the possible effect of chiropractic maintenance therapy on both back discomfort and curve ...
- September 2, 2014Sea salt is trendy nowadays, but that’s not why you should switch. You need to replace your table salt with sea salt because the latter comes naturally from the sea, with no processing to kill the nutrients or alter its composition. Sea salt contains essential trace minerals that your body craves, while iodized table salt is ...
- August 29, 2014It’s hard enough to eat right under normal circumstances, so what chance do you have to follow a healthy diet? You have a fighting chance, because you should never give up and put your sensible eating habits on hold while you’re away from home. It’s easy to eat right if you prepare for the road. Whether you’re ...