Welcome to The Joint – Aurora, Southlands! As your local chiropractor in Aurora, CO, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Aurora chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Before becoming a Chiropractor, Dr. Sarver served in active duty as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. While in the Marines he won awards for achieving first class physical fitness tests. After an honorable discharge Dr. Sarver earned his bachelors of Science degree in Health and Exercise Science at Colorado State University. He worked at the CSU recreational center as a certified personal trainer helping his clients meet their short and long term goals. While obtaining his prerequisites for Chiropractic College Dr. Sarver also worked as a Colorado state licensed certified nurse aide. Dr. Sarver noticed that he was helping people who had already begun to develop the disease process. He then realized that the Chiropractic model is to prevent the disease process from beginning by allowing the body to achieve its maximal potential by being “subluxation” free.
Dr. Sarver graduated from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas in 2008. At Parker he participated in an internship with the Dallas Veterans Affairs Hospital providing Chiropractic care to our armed service’s veterans. While working as a Doctor of Chiropractic in Colorado Dr. Sarver has had the privilege to several informal internships with Denver Pain Management and with Dr. Robert Bess orthopedic surgeon.
Dr. Shane Bartels
Dr. Shane Bartels utilizes a natural, hands on, comprehensive approach to optimize his patients’ health. He uses diversified chiropractic adjustments, therapeutic exercises, specialized muscular modalities, and patient education to treat the whole person in a caring, individualized way. Dr. Bartels believes in identifying and correcting the root cause of your symptoms in order to heal the body instead of simply masking symptoms. He desires to help his patients move away from the current health model of disease care to a health promotion model, preventing pain and disease before they occur. Dr. Bartels believes our bodies were meant to do more than merely survive, but to thrive and reach the health potential it was designed for.
Shane received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon and a BS in Health and Exercise Science from Colorado State University in Fort Collins. His passion for understanding the complex human physiology and providing his patients with the best evidence-based therapies keep Dr. Bartels constantly reading, researching and developing new skills. He and his wife Kelly recently moved back to Colorful Colorado from the great Northwest and are enjoying every sunny moment.
24300 E Smoky Hill Rd, Suite 136
Aurora, CO 80016
The best way to contact us is via phone (see above), then email via email@example.com
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Aurora chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- March 23, 2015Professional massage not only feels wonderful, it also has many other benefits that you may not be aware of. So, if you were looking for an excuse to get your first massage or to get one more frequently, read on and find out exactly how good this practice is for your body and mind. What is ...
- March 13, 2015What’s more awesome and “feel-good” than a great hug? The warm embrace from a family member, partner, best friend, a child, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s someone you love right? Well studies are actually backing us huggers up on this one. There is literally tons of research linking some powerful and amazing benefits ...
- March 6, 2015Facial massage is a great way to relax, look better, and relieve stress or pain. While you can hire a professional to give you a relaxing rubdown, you don’t have to run out to the spa for relief. It’s surprisingly simple to learn how to give a relaxing facial to yourself in the privacy of ...
- March 6, 2015Even though it’s August, there is still time to get that summer body! Great weather makes it easy for you to get out and be active in the outdoors. But it’s also important to keep that mentality, even through the fall and winter months. Below are a few ways you can get a great body for ...
- February 19, 2015One of my cousins suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). She had chronic symptoms including gas, bloating, and diarrhea. She’d tried everything her doctor suggested, until I urged her to see a chiropractor – and she experienced immediate relief from her symptoms. Now she only has mild symptoms every once in a while, not the ...
- February 11, 2015When I first started seeing my chiropractor, I thought I knew what to expect: bone-cracking spinal adjustments. Instead, I got a massage, a recommendation to see an acupuncturist for my insomnia and to cut the sugary soda from my diet, and then the bone-cracking spinal adjustment. While the focus on spinal adjustment and correcting subluxations (misalignments ...
- February 10, 2015What do you give your toddler to drink? Are sugary fruit drinks an option when it comes to their drinks? A recent U.S. study has linked overweight children to sugary drinks. Read more to find out about what the study found and ways you can help maintain a healthy weight and diet for your toddler! What did ...
- February 3, 2015Several years ago, my father suddenly began feeling pain in his lower back; it radiated to the back of his thigh and into his leg. It felt like a painful cramp, and came with tingling and numbness. When he moved, sneezed, or coughed, the pain felt much worse. He was eventually diagnosed with a herniated ...
- January 30, 2015My mother was a smoker until she became pregnant with my older brother. Thirty-two years later, she still craves the occasional cigarette, and encouraged all three of her children to never take up smoking. “You don’t want to like it, so why try it?” she would say. That made sense to me, so I’ve never ...