Running can be difficult for a lot of us. We may be out of shape, unskilled or just be uncomfortable doing it. But the right songs can help to motivate us to actually get out there and run. Check out the following health benefits of running and awesome songs that just may inspire the runner in all of us.
Benefits of Running:
- Improved Health – running can help to raise our good cholesterol and reduce our risk of getting blood clots.
- Lose Weight – running is great for getting rid of unwanted pounds and can help us to consistently maintain a healthy weight. It’s also a great way to burn calories.
- Relieves Stress – running is great for reducing stress. Did you know that stress can actually worsen your sleep quality? This isn’t great if you have to work in the morning. Stress and lost sleep can also damage your overall health. Did you know that running can help to reduce the risk of developing tension headaches?
- Ward Off Disease – did you know that running can help to ward off breast cancer in women? Running is also proven to help decrease the risk of having a heart attack. Doctors sometimes recommend it to patients in the early stages of diabetes, osteoporosis and high blood pressure.
- Eradicate Depression – running can help to eradicate depression and increase confidence levels.
Check Out The Following Awesome Running Songs:
- “Run Boy Run” by Chromatics
- “Running” by No Doubt
- “Run Like Hell” by Pink Floyd
- “You Better Run” by Pat Benatar
- “Run The World (Girls)” by Beyonce
- “Born To Run” by Bruce Springsteen
- “Runnin’ Down A Dream” by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
Remember to consult your physician or chiropractor before taking any health advice.
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.